Volunteering at Barrs Court
We actively welcome volunteers at our school as we know they bring with them a range of skills and experience that can enhance the learning opportunities of our children.
Our volunteers include
- Members of the Governing body
- Parents of pupils
- Students on work experiences
- Local residents
- Friends of the school.
The types of activities that volunteers are engaged include
- Hearing children read
- Working with small groups of children
- Working alongside individual children
- Accompanying school visits
- Sharing their skills/knowledge by talking to the class
If you would like to become a volunteer, either for a one off event or on a more regular basis, e.g. hearing children read, please contact the school office.
Safeguarding our children is a priority and visitors and volunteers must follow our clear procedures. Volunteers and visitors are not left unsupervised with any children at any time unless they are regular volunteers who have completed a DBS check.
For more information, you can download our policy.